The holidays are a wonderful time of year. If you want to find a special way to commemorate a religious holiday or if you simply want to take a well-deserved end of year vacation, there’s still time to plan a last minute getaway trip. And no matter which destination you choose, you’ll undoubtedly have a great time and make some lifelong memories along the way.
Below, we listed 5 popular U.S. destinations you should consider visiting for your next holiday trip:
- Breckenridge, Colorado: if winter sports are a favorite pastime of yours, you’ll enjoy a visit to Breckenridge. It’s a historic and picturesque town lit up with 250,000 festive LED lights during the holidays. Some fun activities include: hitting the slopes, sledding, going for a scenic sleigh ride, attending their Festival of Trees, shopping in one of their many chic boutiques, and much more.
- New York City, New York: this city has tons of sights to see during the holidays. Some notable activities include: walking along 5th Ave to see all the holiday-themed storefront displays, visiting the massive Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center, ice skating in Central Park, watching the Rockettes perform at Radio City Music Hall, shopping at holiday markets, and many more.
- Oahu, Hawaii: if you prefer a more laid-back and relaxed beach holiday vacation, a trip to Oahu is perfect for you. Spend some time swimming and lounging on their sandy white beaches and afterwards get in the holiday spirit by watching a special holiday luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center, attending a Honolulu Hale City Lights event, and more.
- Orlando, Florida: Florida is a great holiday destination state that’s warm and sunny for most of the year. You’ll find the magical Walt Disney World located in Orlando; it’s a lovely theme park you and your whole family could enjoy. You’ll find much entertainment filling your days with attending themed parades, watching fireworks, trying out special seasonal foods and drinks, getting on fun rides, and much more.
- Fairbanks, Alaska: if you want a white winter vacation, Fairbanks is a sight to see. Some fun activities include: ice fishing, dog sledding, getting up close to reindeer, visiting Denali National Park, stopping by the nearby North Pole town, and many more. You should note that Alaska experiences short days during the winter, with sunsets occurring around 3 pm, but this could provide a great opportunity to appreciate the environment and you might even get to spot the northern lights.