You don’t have to travel too far for a beach getaway. There are countless beautiful sandy beaches with scenic views in the U.S. from various coasts. If you’re looking for a vacation sport, here are 5 beautiful destinations to consider:
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Myrtle Beach is a residential and vacation rental community that’s sure to be fun for the whole family. The Grand Strand comprises beaches that stretch over 60 miles along the Atlantic Ocean. Peak tourist season is June through August, with average temperatures in the high 80’s – low 90’s degrees. There are also a large range of activities to do from golfing, arcades, restaurants, and many more. Also be sure to visit Family Kingdom Amusement Park and take a ride on the SkyWheel, one of the country’s largest Ferris wheels.
- Malibu, California: approximately 30 miles west of Los Angeles, Malibu is a beach city with “21 miles of scenic beauty” along the Malibu coast. It’s well known for its surfing waves, fishing piers, hiking trails, and great shopping at the Malibu Country Mart. Notable beaches in the area include: Topanga Beach, Zuma Beach, Malibu Beach, and Point Dume.
- St. Augustine, Florida: St. Augustine is a city on the northeast coast of Florida. As the oldest city in the United States, established by the Spanish in 1565, it’s most famous for its Spanish colonial architecture and tranquil beaches. Visitors will be able to see historical sites – military forts, castles, and Gilded-Age hotels – as well as visiting sandy white beaches such as Ponte Vedra Beach, St. Augustine Beach, and Crescent Beach.
- O’ahu, Hawaii: O’ahu is the third largest Hawaiian island with world famous beaches such as Lanikai Beach, Waikiki Beach, and Sunset Beach. Whether you enjoy water sports such as surfing, snorkeling, or swimming, or want a more relaxed atmosphere for lounging or seeing marine life, you’ll surely find the perfect beach for you on this island. There are also lots of fun activities to do on the island, such as touring Pearl Harbor Memorial, hiking to Diamond Head Crater, visiting Dole Plantation, and many more.
- Nantucket, Massachusetts: a tiny island right off Cape Cod, Nantucket is filled with soft sand and pristine shorelines. Nantucket has 82 miles of coastline; notable beaches include: Jetties Beach, Surfside Beach, and Siasconset Beach – a great seal-spotting site! There are also many fun activities on the island such as: biking, fishing, visiting the Whaling Museum, and cruising around the harbor.